Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Living Each Day as a Gift...

My last blog stirred up a number of different interpretations of my words from a various array of readers. I received a number of emails and FB messages that made me realize that "living outside of the bubble" can mean many different things to different people.  This is what most inspires me about writing. Each person that reads your words interprets the meaning based on their own experiences and inner thoughts about themselves, or what they are going through in the moment that your words touched something within their soul. Their interpretation can change as their life changes. In the end, it may or may not be what the writer intended the message to be or the feelings that inspired the words in the first place, but the impact of a writer’s words can make such an impression on a person’s life, their views, and can inspire self reflection (good and bad).

Living outside of the “bubble” can have so many meanings, but for me, it is a rediscovery of who I am outside and inside of my nuclear unit:  my talents, my passions, my thoughts, my relationships, and how I want the second half of my life to look. What I’ve discovered since the start of January 2012 is that mundane and ordinary is ok sometimes, but it takes effort and a choice to make our lives exciting and interesting, and I want that!  I’ve discovered that each day is a gift and the period of life ahead of me is getting shorter and shorter. This has made me look at my husband, my kids, my family, and friendships in a way that makes me want to make every encounter a sweet memory. My children will grow up and live their lives hopefully as independent whole people, and prayerfully when that time comes, I will also be a whole person who remains full of life, love, and the desire to seize every opportunity for growth, fullfillment, and happiness. We get so bogged down with “life” that we forget to embrace the little things like hugging your teenager in the midst of discipline and guidance; like taking your son out of school early for some one-on-one time for no reason at all; like letting your baby girl sleep in your bed just a little longer because once she’s gone…she’s gone; like giving your husband a sexy glance or text that shows him that you are still madly in love with him just because; like giving yourself the permission to grow and challenge yourself in your career even though the pains of transition and change will be sure to come; like realizing an unlikely encounter with another human being can change your life…Living outside my bubble has helped me embrace the little and big things in life more fully.  I am attempting to seize every experience, every encounter, every relationship, and every day with a little more luster and urgency. Are some days just ordinary or just plain hard…Of course, but as a close friend once told me (I added a little twist of my own), "the goal is to look back at your life and know that you were able to capture many moments of perfection in the midst of all that life threw your way"

Life is a precious gift, and each day is our opportunity to experience it fully!  How will you do this?  I would love to hear your thoughts and plans...

No comments:

Post a Comment